10 Quick Tips for Growing Your Friends & Foundation
1. Diversify activities beyond book sales, into such area as special events, advocacy, PR, etc.
2. Get social – hold “friend-raising” events for different targeted age groups (i.e., the local brewpub)
3. Activate professional development training for your board
4. Increase the “ask” and expectations of your Friends and foundation
5. Move beyond the Library and hold Friends/Foundation events out in the community
6. Market, market, and market some more
7. Is it time for a major fundraising event?
8. Engage community leaders to help recruit new board members
9. Develop a challenge that will make a difference in the community that your Friends/Foundation can support
10. Evaluate and set goals for your boards