12 Must-Know Facts about Library Fundraising
From Beyond Book Sales
- Effective fundraising is about relationships first, money second
- A clear case for support and strong, consistent messages are crucial
- To value the library is not enough
- Libraries have both an intellectual and emotional appeal to donors
- Everyone on your staff plays a role in fundraising. EVERYONE.
- A strong fundraising committee or board makes strong connections
- Most donors are people, not institutions
- Your largest donors are probably not library users
- Corporate philanthropy is about more than altruism
- Advocacy and fundraising go hand-in-hand
- Fundraising is a year-round activity
- Saying “Thank You” matters
This is an excerpt from our book Beyond Book Sales: The Complete Guide to Raising Real Money for Your Library. Learn more about our book and how you can take your library fundraising to the next level, Beyond Book Sales!