Beyond Book Sales
Whether your library undertakes only occasional fundraising projects or is well along in this effort and wants to become more successful, Beyond Book Sales: The Complete Guide to Raising Real Money for Your Library will guide you through proven methods of effective library fundraising. It will help you think about raising dollars in new ways and stretching beyond your traditional fundraising activities.
Written by consultants and staff of the Library Strategies Consulting Group, and edited by Susan Dowd, this easy-to-use guide will help you develop a strong case for supporting your library. It stresses the importance of nurturing relationships and employing a broad range of fundraising tools and techniques. Topics included in Beyond Book Sales include:
- Why now is a good time for library fundraising
- Developing a fundraising plan
- Understanding the relationship between marketing, public relations, and fundraising
- Making advocacy work for you as part of your fundraising plan
- Conducting effective annual and special fundraising campaigns
- Launching a planned giving program
- Getting started with online giving
- Building relationships with businesses and philanthropic institutions
- Conducting a capital campaign
This book contains great tips, graphics, worksheets, and other tools to make expanding your fundraising efforts easier. Regardless of your level of experience, you will finish reading it with fresh ideas and an eagerness to roll up your sleeves and start raising dollars for your library.
Beyond Book Sales: The Complete Guide to Raising Real Money for Your Library is available from ALA Editions. Order your copy today.